Štěpán Jan J.
Prof., MUDr., DrSc.
Born on July 2, 1940
- Osteology, endocrinology, enzymology
- Member of Learned Society since 1995
Educational and professional preparation
- 1964, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague (summa cum laude);
- 1976, CSc.; 1986, DrSc.; 1991, Associate Professor; 1996, Full Professor.
- In training: Universities at Prague, Jena, Amsterdam, London, Loma Linda, California (USA)
Employment and academic positions
- Charles University, First Faculty of Medicine, Department of Third Internal Medicine
- Institute of Rheumatology, Prague
Membership and positions in international organizations and societies
- European Calcified Tissues Society (Committee)
- International Osteoporosis Foundation (Scientific Committee)
- International Bone and Mineral Society
- American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- 1990, Award, Ministry of Health
- 1995, Charvát Award
- 2009, Josef Hlávka Award
- Monographs: 34; papers in peer-reviewed journals: 203
- SCI: 6 038
- H-index: 37
- WHO Study Group: Assessment of fracture risk and its application to screening for postmenopausal osteoporosis. WHO Technical reports Series 843, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1994 (cit. 648x)
- Štěpán, J.: Enzyme tests in bone disease. In: Enzyme Tests In Diagnosis (Moss D. W., Rosalki S. B., Eds.). Oxford University Press, New York 157 (1996)
- Cauley, J. A.; Norton, L.; Lippman, M. E., et al. Continued breast cancer risk reduction in postmenopausal women treated with raloxifene. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2001; 66:125-34 (cit 379x)
- Štěpán, J. J., Lachman, M., Zvěřina, J., et al.: Castrated men exhibit bone loss. Effect of calcitonin treatment on biochemical indices of bone remodeling. J clin Endocr Metab 1989; 69:523-527. (cit. 306x).
- Štěpán, J. J., Pospíchal, J., Presl, J., Pacovský, V.: Bone loss and biochemical indices of bone remodeling in surgically-induced postmenopausal women. Bone 1987;8:279-84. (cit. 222x)
- Delmas, P. D., Eastell, R., Garnero, P., Seibel, M. J., Štěpán, J.: The use of biochemical markers of bone turnover in osteoporosis. Osteoporos Int 2000; 11(Suppl.6):2-17. (cit. 147x)
- Štěpán, J., Šilinková-Málková, E., Havránek, T., et al: Relationship of plasma tartrate resistant acid phosphatase to the bone isoenzyme of serum alkaline phosphatase in hyperparathyroidism. Clin chim Acta 1983;133:189-200. (cit. 100x).
- Štěpán, J. J., Burr, D. B.; Pavo, I.; et al. Low bone mineral density is associated with bone microdamage accumulation in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. Bone 2007; 41:378-85 (cit. 75x)