Prof., RNDr., DrSc.
Born February 8, 1943 in Náchod
- Member, Learned Society since 2004
Educational and professional preparation:
- 1960, graduated, Eleven-year academic secondary school, Úpice;
- 1960-1965, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University;
- 1969, RNDr. FMP CU;
- 1972, CSc. FMP CU;
- 1982, Associate Professor procedure, FMP CU;
- 1988, appointed Associate Professor, FMP CU;
- 1990, DrSc. FMP CU;
- 2001, Full Professor, approximate and numerical methods, FMP CU
Employment and academic positions:
- 1966-1988, lecturer at FMP CU;
- 1988-1991, Associate Professor;
- 1991-present, Full Professor at FMP CU;
- 1994-present, Head, Department of Numerical Mathematics, FMP CU
Membership in domestic scientific bodies:
- 1994-present, Scientific Council, FMP CU;
- 1998-2002, Scientific Council, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Czech Technical University;
- 1999-2002, Professional Commission for the Natural Sciences, Grant Agency of Czech Republic;
- 1999-present, Subcommittee for Mathematics and Computer Science, GA CR;
- 1998-2001, Chairman, Commission for Defence of DrSc. Theses in Scientific Field 11-05-09, Approximate and Numerical Methods;
- 2003-present, Vice-Chairman, Commission for Defence of DrSc. Theses, Academy of Sciences of Czech Republic
Membership and positions in selected international organizations and societies:
- 1989-present, Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists
- 1995-present, Czech Mechanics Society
- 1998-present, American Mathematical Society
- 1990-present, Gesellschaft fuer Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik
- 1995-present, Euromech
- 1990-present, International Society for Interaction of Mathematics and Mechanics
- 2003-present, Advisory Board, President of European Mathematical Society Sir J. Kingman
- Editorial boards of journals: Applications of Mathematics, Journal of Numerical Mathematics, Journal of Mathematical Fluid Mechanics, Computing and Visualization in Science, International Journal on Finite (Volumes)
- 1986, First Degree, Memorial Medal, FMP CU
- 2000, Second Degree, Memorial Medal, FMP CU
- 1992, Award, German Heraeus Stiftung Foundation, granting single-semester professorial position at University of Karlsruhe.
- 2004, Prize for Research, Minister of Education, Youth and Sport of Czech Republic
- M. Feistauer: Mathematical Methods in Fluid Dynamics. Longman Scientific and Technical, Harlow, 1993, 657 pp., ISBN 0 582 20988 9.
- M. Feistauer, J. Felcman, I. Straškraba: Mathematical and Computational Methods for Compressible Flow. Clarendon Press, Oxford, 2003, 535 pp, ISBN 0 19 850588 4.
- M. Feistauer: Numerical Methods for Compressible Flow, chapter in the monograph Mathematical Fluid Mechanics (J. Neustupa, P. Penel, editors), Birkhauser, Basel, 2001, 105-142, ISBN 3 7643 6593 5.
- M. Feistauer, J. Nečas: On the solvability of transonic potential flow problems. Z. fuer Anal. Anwend. 4 (1985), 305-329.
- M. Feistauer, J. Mandel, J. Nečas: Entropy regularization of the transonic potential flow. Comment. Math. Univ. Carolinae 25 (1984), 431-443.
- M. Feistauer: On the finite element approximation of a cascade flow problem. Numer. Math. 50 (1987), 655-684.
- M. Feistauer, A. Ženíšek: Finite element solution of nonlinear elliptic problems. Numer. Math. 50 (1987), 451-475.
- M. Feistauer, A. Ženíšek: Compactness method in the finite element theory of nonlinear elliptic problems. Numer. Math. 52 (1988), 147-163.
- M. Feistauer, J. Felcman, M. Lukáčová: Combined finite element - finite volume solution of compressible flow. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 63 (1995), 179-199.
- M. Feistauer, C. Schwab: On coupled problems for viscous flow in exterior domains. Math. Models Methods Appl. Sci. 8 (1998), 657-684.