Born June 18, 1970 in Prague
- Ecology – macroecology, biodiversity, evolutionary ecology, ecological theory
- Member of Learned Society since 2018
Educational and professional preparation
- 2013 Professor (ecology,Charles University)
- 2006 Associate professor in (ecology, Charles University)
- 1998 PhD in Zoology (Faculty of Science, Charles University)
- 1993 MSc in Special biology and ecology (Faculty of Science, Charles University)
Employment and academic positions
- since 1998 Center for Theoretical Study, Charles University (since 2008 director)
- since 2004 Department of Ecology, Faculty of Sciences, Charles University (professor)
- external lecturer at Department of Zoology, Biological faculty of the University of South Bohemia
- 2002-2004 international fellow of the Santa Fe Institute
- 2002 Royal Society fellow at the Biodiversity and Macroecology Group (led by Kevin Gaston), Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield, UK
Membership in selected domestic scientific bodies
- since 2011 president of the Czech Ecological Society
- since 2012 member of the committee „Fórum ochrany přírody“
- since 2012 member of the advisory board of the Nature Conservation Agency of the Czech Republic
- 2011 member of government expert panel on „Sustainability of functioning of natural resources“
- 2008-2013 member of the panel „Animal and Plant Ecology“ of the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic
- member of editorial boards of journals Vesmír and Fórum ochrany přírody
Membership and positions in selected international organizations and societies
- editor of Ecology Letters
- editor of Global Ecology and Biogeography
- since 2014 member of ERC panel LS8 „Evolutionary, population and environmental biology“
- 2015 Award of the president of the Czech Science foundation for the project „Macroecology beyond species richness: reconciling ecological and evolutionary processes driving spatial variation of diversity“
- Storch D., Bohdalková E. & Okie J. (2018). The more-individuals hypothesis revisited: the role of community abundance in species richness regulation and the productivity-diversity relationship. Ecology Letters 21: 920-937.
- Šímová I., Storch D. (2017). The enigma of terrestrial primary productivity: measurements, models, scales and the diversity-productivity relationship. Ecography 40: 239-252.
- Keil P., Storch D., Jetz W. (2015). On the decline of biodiversity due to area loss. Nature Communications, 6: 8837. DOI:10.1038/ncomms9837.
- Storch D., Keil P. & Jetz W. (2012). Universal species-area and endemics-area relationships at continental scales. Nature 488: 78-81.
- Harte J., Smith A.B. & Storch D. (2009): Biodiversity scales from plots to biomes with a universal species-area curve. Ecology Letters, 12: 789-797.
- Šizling A.L., Storch D., Šizlingová E., Reif J. & Gaston K.J. (2009): Species-abundance distribution results from a spatial analogy of central limit theorem. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the U.S.A., 106: 6691-6695.
- Storch D., Šizling A.L., Reif J., Polechová J., Šizlingová E. & Gaston K.J. (2008): The quest for a null model for macroecological patterns: geometry of species distributions at multiple spatial scales. Ecology Letters 11: 771-784.
- Storch D., Evans K. L. & Gaston K. J. (2005): The species-area-energy relationship. Ecology Letters 8: 487-492.
- Zrzavý J., Burda H., Storch D., Begallová S. & Mihulka S. (2017): Jak se dělá evoluce: Labyrintem evoluční biologie. Dokořán, Praha.
- Storch D., Marquet P.A. & Brown J.H. (eds.) (2007): Scaling biodiversity. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.