Prof. Dr. med., Dr. h.c., Prof. h.c.
- 1967-1978 – Scientific assistant at the Department of Pharmacology, Semmelweis University, Budapest
- 1977 – PhD Thesis
- 1977-1978 – 10 Months Scholarship at the Department of Pharmacology, University of Lund, Sweden.
- 1978-1981 – Scholarship at the Max-Planck-Institute for Psychiatry, München, Germany.
- 1980 – 7 months Scholarship at the Department of Pharmacology, Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, USA.
- 1981-1985 – Scientific assistant at the Department of Pharmacology, University of Freiburg, Germany.
- 1983 – Habilitation for Pharmacology and Toxicology.
- 1985 – Tenure and Associated Professor at the Department of Pharmacology, University of Freiburg
- 1995 – Full Professor and Chairman at the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Leipzig.
- 2005-2007 – Vice Dean of the Medical Faculty, University of Leipzig.
- 2009-2011 – Chief of the Section Pharmacology and Toxicology at the Asclepios Medical School, Hamburg
- 2011- Continuation of the regular teaching and research activities at the Rudolf-Boehm-Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- 1992 – Award of the German Society for Research on Pain
- 1999 – Honorary Lecture of the “Japanese Human Science Foundation” in Tokyo
- 2000 – Visiting Professor of the “Vokswagen Stiftung” at the Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA.
- 2000 – Dr.honoris causa of the Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary.
- 2002 – Carl-Reinhold-August-Wunderlich-Award for the best clinical teacher at the Medical Faculty of the University of Leipzig.
- 2004 – Honorary Member of the Hungarian Pharmacological Society and recipient of the Szentgyörgyi Award of the Hungarian Ministry for Higher Education, Hungary.
- 2009 – Visiting Professor of the “Cariplo Foundation” at the Department of Pharmacology, University of Milano, Milano, Italy.
- 2010 – Visiting Professor of the Tongji University Medical School and Advisory Professor of the Tongji University, Shanghai, China.
- 2011 – Member of the Academia Europaea
- 2011 – Giuliana Fassina Award of the Italian Purine Club
- 2013 – Issekutz Award of the Hungarian Pharmacological Society
- 2014 – Jan Bures Lecture of the Institute of Physiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- 2014 – Honorary Professor of the Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chengdu
- 2015 – Adjunct Faculty of the International Center for Molecular Medicine and Drug Research, Karachi, Pakistan
No events are planned