Prof. RNDr, Ph.D.
- Physical Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Nanotechnologies
- Member of the Learned Society from 2015
Studies and professional preparation
- 1996 Master degree in Mathematics and Chemistry, Palacky University Olomouc
- 1998-2000 Foreign stays at Institutions: NCSR Demokritos, Athens; Wits University, Johannesburg; University of Ioannina; University of Delaware; University of Tokyo
- 2000 Ph.D. degree in Physical Chemistry, Palacky University Olomouc
- 2006 Habilitation in Physical Chemistry, Palacky University Olomouc
- 2010 Professor in Physical Chemistry, Palacky University Olomouc
Membership in domestic scientific bodies
Memberships in foreign institutions and scientific bodies
- Member of the American Chemical Society
- 1998 – Minister of Education Youth and Sport Award for work in the field of thermal decomposition of ferrous sulfate heptahydrate
- 2011 – Minister of Education Youth and Sport Award for extraordinary results achieved in the field of research, experimental development and innovations
- 2015 – City Olomouc award for the year 2014 in the field of science and research
- V. Georgakilas, J. A. Perman, J. Tucek and R. Zboril*: Broad Family of Carbon Nanoallotropes: Classification, Chemistry, and Applications of Fullerenes, Carbon Dots, Nanotubes, Graphene, Nanodiamonds, and Combined Superstructures, CHEMICAL REVIEWS, vol. 115, iss. 11, pp. 4744–4822, 2015.
- S. Kment, P. Schmuki, Z. Hubicka, L. Machala, R. Kirchgeorg, N. Liu, L. Wang, K. Lee, J. Olejnicek, M. Cada, I. Gregora, R. Zboril*: Photoanodes with Fully Controllable Texture: The Enhanced Water Splitting Efficiency of Thin Hematite Films Exhibiting Solely (110) Crystal Orientation, ACS NANO, vol. 9, iss. 7, pp. 7113-7123, 2015.
- V. Georgakilas, M. Otyepka, A. B. Bourlinos, V. Chandra, N. Kim, C. K. Kemp, P. Hobza, R. Zboril*, and K. S. Kim, "Functionalization of Graphene: Covalent and Non-Covalent Approaches, Derivatives and Applications," CHEMICAL REVIEWS, vol. 112, iss. 11, pp. 6156-6214, 2012.
- V. Urbanová, K. Holá, A. B. Bourlinos, K. Čépe, A. Ambrosi, A. H. Loo, M. Pumera, F. Karlický, M. Otyepka, and R. Zbořil*, "Thiofluorographene – Hydrophilic Graphene Derivative with Semiconducting and Genosensing Properties," ADVANCED MATERIALS, vol. 27, iss. 14, pp. 2305-2310, 2015.
- K. Sivula, R. Zboril, F. Le Formal, R. Robert, A. Weidenkaff, J. Tucek, J. Frydrych, and M. Graetzel, "Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting with Mesoporous Hematite Prepared by a Solution-Based Colloidal Approach," JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, vol. 132, iss. 21, pp. 7436-7444, 2010.
- A.B. Bourlinos, R. Zboril*, J. Petr, A. Bakandritsos, M. Krysmann, and E. P. Giannelis, "Luminescent Surface Quaternized Carbon Dots," CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS, vol. 24, iss. 1, pp. 6-8, 2012.
- R. Prucek, J. Tucek, M. Kilianova, A. Panacek, L. Kvitek, J. Filip, M. Kolar, K. Tomankova, and R. Zboril*, "The targeted antibacterial and antifungal properties of magnetic nanocomposite of iron oxide and silver nanoparticles," BIOMATERIALS, vol. 32, iss. 21, pp. 4704-4713, 2011.
- R. Zboril, F. Karlicky, A. B. Bourlinos, T. A. Steriotis, A. K. Stubos, V. Georgakilas, K. Safarova, D. Jancik, C. Trapalis, and M. Otyepka, "Graphene Fluoride: A Stable Stoichiometric Graphene Derivative and its Chemical Conversion to Graphene," SMALL, vol. 6, iss. 24, pp. 2885-2891, 2010.
- M. Hermanek, R. Zboril*, N. Medrik, J. Pechousek, and C. Gregor, "Catalytic efficiency of iron(III) oxides in decomposition of hydrogen peroxide: Competition between the surface area and crystallinity of nanoparticles," JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, vol. 129, iss. 35, pp. 10929-10936, 2007.
- Panacek, L. Kvitek, R. Prucek, M. Kolar, R. Vecerova, N. Pizurova, V. K. Sharma, T. Nevecna, and R. Zboril, "Silver colloid nanoparticles: Synthesis, characterization, and their antibacterial activity," JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY B, vol. 110, iss. 33, pp. 16248-16253, 2006.
Web link: www.rcptm.com/o-projektu/pracovnici/radek-zboril/
No events are planned