Prof., RNDr., DrSc.
Born February 28, 1948 in Ostrava
- Theoretical computer science, theory of computational complexity, non-standard models of computations, artificial intelligence, artificial life
- Member of Learned Society since 2003
Educational and professional preparation:
- Student, Faculty of Natural Science, Comenius University (ComU), Bratislava; 1974, RNDr.;
- 1981, CSc., Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences (CSAS), Prague;
- 1993, DrSc., ComU;
- 2000, Associate Professor;
- 2004, Full Professor of Computer Science (CS), Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague (FMP CU).
Employment and academic positions:
- 1971-1993, Institute of Informatics and Statistics, Bratislava; lecturer, FMP CS, ComU;
- 1993-present, Institute of Computer Science, Academy of Sciences of Czech Republic (AS CR);
- 2000-present, Director; lecturer, FMP CU.
Membership and positions in international organizations and societies:
- 1996-2003, Member, European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS); Vice President, EATCS
- Member, Council of Directors, European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM)
- Searching Algorithms. Teubner Texte zur Mathematik, Vol. 99, Verlaggesellschaft, Leipzig 1987, 123 pp.
- Quo Vadetis, Parallel Machine Models? In: Computer Science Today. Recent Trends and Developments. (van Leeuwen J., Ed.) Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Vol. 1000, Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1995, pp. 101-114
- The Turing Machine Paradigm in Contemporary Computing. In: Mathematics Unlimited - 2001 and Beyond. (Engquist B., Schmid W., Eds.). Springer, Berlin 2001, pp. 1139-1155 (with J. van Leeuwen)
- Array Processing Machines: An Abstract Model. BIT 27, pp. 25-43, 1987 (with J. van Leeuwen)
- On the Power of Synchronization. J. Information Processing and Cybernetics, 10, 499-506, 1989
- On the Computational Efficiency of Symmetric Neural Networks. Theoretical Computer Science, 80, 337-345, 1991
- Theory of Neuromata. Journal of the ACM 45, No. 1, 155-178 , 1998 (together with J. Šíma)
- The Emergent Computational Potential of Evolving Artificial Living Systems. Artificial Intelligence Communications, IOS Press, 15, No. 4, pp. 205-216, 2002 (with J. van Leeuwen)
- The Computational Limits to the Cognitive Power of the Neuroidal Tabula Rasa. Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence (JETAI), Taylor & Francis Publ., 15, No. 3, pp. 267-279, 2003
- Characterizing the Super-Turing Computing Power and Efficiency of Classical Fuzzy Turing Machines. Theoretical Computer Science 317, pp. 61-69, 2004
No events are planned