Štěpán Jan J.
Prof., MUDr., DrSc.
Born on July 2, 1940
- Osteology, endocrinology, enzymology
- Member of Learned Society since 1995
Educational and professional preparation:
- 1964, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague (summa cum laude);
- 1976, CSc.; 1986, DrSc.; 1991, Associate Professor; 1996, Full Professor.
- In training: Universities at Prague, Jena, Amsterdam, London, Loma Linda, California (USA)
Employment and academic positions:
- Charles University, First Faculty of Medicine, Department of Third Internal Medicine
Membership and positions in international organizations and societies:
- Member, Committee of European Calcified Tissues Society
- Member, Scientific Committee of International Osteoporosis Foundation
- Member, International Bone and Mineral Society
- Member, American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- 1990, Award, Ministry of Health
- 1995, Charvát Award
- Monographs: 34; papers in peer-reviewed journals: 129.
- SCI: over 1,400.
- J. Štěpán: Syndrom osteoporózy (The Syndrome of Osteoporosis). Prague, Avicenum, 1991
- WHO Study Group: Assessment of Fracture Risk and its Application to Screening for Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. WHO Technical reports Series 843, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1994
- J. Štěpán: Enzyme tests in bone disease. In: Enzyme Tests In Diagnosis (Moss D. W., Rosalki S. B., Eds.). Oxford University Press, New York 157 (1996)
- J. Štěpán., J. Pospíchal, J. Presl, V. Pacovský: Bone loss and biochemical indi-ces of bone remodeling in surgically-induced postmenopausal women. Bone 8, 279 (1987)
- J. Štěpán., M. Lachman, J. Zvěřina, V. Pacovský, D.J. Baylink: Castrated men exhibit bone loss. Effect of calcitonin treatment on biochemical indices of bone remodeling. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. 69, 523 (1989)
- M. Weichetová, J. Štěpán., D. Michalská, T. Haas, H.A.P. Pols, A.G. Uiterlinden: COLIA1 Polymorphism Contributes to Bone Mineral Density to Assess Prevalent Wrist Fractures. Bone 26, 287 (2000)
- J. Štěpán: Prediction of bone loss in postmenopausal women. Osteopor. Int. 11 (Suppl.6), 45-54 (2000)
- J. Štěpán., P. Burckhardt, P., Hána, V.: The effects of three-month intravenous ibandronate on bone mineral density and bone remodeling in Klinefelter’s syndrome: the influence of vitamin D deficiency and hormonal status. Bone 33, 589 (2003)
- J. Štěpán., V. Zikán: Calcitonin load test to assess the efficacy of salmon calcitonin. Clin. Chim. Acta 336, 49 (2003)
- J. Štěpán: Clinical utility of bone markers in the evaluation and follow-up of osteoporotic patients. J. Endocrinol. Invest. 26, 458 (2003)
No events are planned