Prof. RNDr., CSc.
Born May 23, 1953
- Ecology, Botany
- Member of Learned Society since 2015
Education and professional carreer
- 1978 – Master Degree (RNDr.) –botany, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague
- 1983 –CSc. (eq. PhD) – botany, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague
- 1999 – full professor, Ecology, Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice
Employment and academic positions
- 1978-1982 PhD scholarship, Department of Botany, Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice
- 1983 – present: Institute of Entomology, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences / Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (since 1991 part time), recently is the institute part of Biology Research Centre
- 1991 – present: Faculty of Biological Sciences / Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia, České Budějovice
Membership in selected domestic scientific bodies
- Scientific council of the Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia, České Budějovice
Membership and positions in international organizations and societies
- International Association for Vegetation Science, member of the Counciland of the Award committee
- Lepš, J., Šmilauer, P. (2003) Multivariate analysis of ecological data using CANOCO. Cambridge Univ. Press.- 2. vydání (Šmilauer, Lepš) vyšlo v roce 2014.
Lepš J. (2013): Diversity and ecosystem function. – In: van der Maarel E. & Franklin, J. [eds], Vegetation ecology. Wiley, Oxford. pp. 308–346
- Lepš J., Osbornová-Kosinová J. & Rejmánek M. (1982): Community stability complexity and species life-history strategies. – Vegetatio 50: 53–63.
- Dixon A.F.G. Kindlmann P. Lepš J. & Holman J. (1987): Why there are so few species of aphids especially in the tropics? – Amer. Natur. 129: 580–592.
- Lepš J., Brown V. K., Diaz Len T. A., Gormsen D., Hedlund K., Kailová J., Korthals G. W., Mortimer S. R., Rodriguez-Barrueco C., Roy J., Santa Regina I., van Dijk C. & van der Putten W. (2001): Separating the chance effect from the other diversity effects in the functioning of plant communities. – Oikos 92: 123–134.
- Lepš J., Novotný V. & Basset Y. (2001): Habitat and successional status of plants in relation to the communities of their leaf-chewing herbivors in Papua New Guinea. – J. Ecol. 89: 186–199.
- Špačková I. & Lepš J. (2001): Procedure for separating the selection effect from other effects in diversity-productivity relationship. – Ecology Letters 4: 585–594.
- Lepš, J. de Bello F., Šmilauer P. & Doležal J. (2011): Community trait response to environment: disentangling species turnover vs intraspecific trait variability effects. - Ecography 34: 856–863.
- Majeková, M., de Bello, F., Dolezal, J., & Lepš, J. (2014). Plant functional traits as determinants of population stability. Ecology, 95(9), 2369-2374.
- Lepš, J. (2014). Scale‐and time‐dependent effects of fertilization, mowing and dominant removal on a grassland community during a 15‐year experiment. Journal of Applied Ecology, 51(4), 978-987.
No events are planned