Prof. RNDr., CSc.
Born April 30, 1957 in Polička
- Parasitology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Vectors and Pathogens
- Member of Learned Society since 2015
Educational and professional preparation
- 1976-1981: University studies of Chemistry (BSc.)/Biochemistry(MSc), Faculty of Natural Sciences, Charles University, Prague.
- 1982: RNDr. (eq. MSc.) - Biochemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Charles University, Prague.
- 1987: CSc. (eq. Ph.D.) in Microbiology/Virology, Institute of Sera and Vaccines; Institute of Microbiology, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Prague.
- 1997: Appointed Associated Professor in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of South Bohemia, Ceske Budejovice.
- 2001: Appointed Professor in Molecular and Cellular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of South Bohemia, Ceske Budejovice.
Employment and academic positions
- 1982-1983: Research Assistant, Laboratory of Chemical Mutagenesis, Research Institute of Organic Syntheses, Pardubice.
- 1983-1986: Ph.D. research, Department of Preparative Virology, Institute of Sera and Vaccines, Prague.
- 1986-1991: Research Associate, Laboratory of Arboviruses, Institute of Parasitology, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Ceske Budejovice.
- 1991: Appointed Head of the Laboratory of Molecular Ecology of Vectors and Pathogens, Institute of Parasitology, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Ceske Budejovice.
- 1994-2002: Director of the Institute of Parasitology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Ceske Budejovice.
- 2004-2011: Dean of the Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of South Bohemia, Ceske Budejovice (Faculty of Science since August 2007).
- 2012-: Rector (Head) of the University of South Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice.
Membership in domestic scientific bodies
- Member of the scientific councils of the Institute of Chemical Technology in Prague, University of Pardubice, Mendel University in Brno.
- Member of the committee of the Czech Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Member of the National Committee of the International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB).
Membership and positions in selected international organizations and societies
- Member of Biological Chemistry committee at Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria.
- Fellow of The Comenius Academic Club, Highland Park, NJ, U.S.A.
- 2009: LeConte Lecture Award, Georgia Southern University, Georgia, U.S.A.
- 2015: Josef Ludvik Fischer Honorary Lecture at Palacky University in Olomouc.
- 2015: Commemorative Medal of the Palacky University in Olomouc.
- Circulatory system and hemolymph: structure, physiology and molecular biology
By: Grubhoffer, L; Rudenko, N; Vancova, M; Golovchenko, M; Sterba, J
In: Sonenshine, DE; Roe, RM (Eds): Biology of ticks. Oxford University Press Inc, 2nd Revised Edition, Vol. 1, p. 258-286, 2014
- Induction and suppression of tick cell antiviral RNAi responses by tick-borne flaviviruses
By: Schnettler, E; Tykalova, H; Watson, M; Sharma, M; Sterken, MG; Obbard, DJ; Lewis, SH; McFarlane, M; Bell-Sakyi, L; Barry, G; Weisheit, S; Best, SM; Kuhn, RJ; Pijlman, GP; Chase-Topping, ME; Gould, EA; Grubhoffer, L; Fazakerley, JK; Kohl, A
NUCLEIC ACIDS RESEARCH Volume: 42 Issue: 14 Pages: 9436-9446 Published: 2014
- Prevalence of Borrelia miyamotoi in Ixodes Ticks in Europe and the United States
By: Crowder, CD.; Carolan, HE.; Rounds, MA.; Honig, V; Mothes, B; Haag, H; Nolte, O; Luft, BJ; Grubhoffer, L; Ecker, DJ; Schutzer, SE; Eshoo, MW
EMERGING INFECTIOUS DISEASES Volume: 20 Issue: 10 Pages: 1678-1682 Published: OCT 2014
- Uptake and incorporation of sialic acid by the tick Ixodes ricinus
By: Vancova, M; Sterba, J; Dupejova, J; Simonova, Z; Nebesarova, J; Novotny, MV; Grubhoffer, L
JOURNAL OF INSECT PHYSIOLOGY Volume: 58 Issue: 9 Pages: 1277-1287 Published: SEP 2012
- Delineation of a New Species of the Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato Complex, Borrelia americana sp nov.
By: Rudenko, N; Golovchenko, M; Lin, T; Gao, LH; Grubhoffer, L; Oliver, JH
JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY Volume: 47 Issue: 12 Pages: 3875-3880 Published: DEC 2009
- CD8+ T-cells mediate immunopathology in tick-borne encephalitis
By: Ruzek, D; Salat, J; Palus, M; Gritsun, TS; Gould, EA; Dykova, I; Skallova, A; Jelinek, J; Kopecky, J; Grubhoffer, L
VIROLOGY Volume: 384 Issue: 1 Pages: 1-6 Published: FEB 5 2009
- Knockdown of proteins involved in iron metabolism limits tick reproduction and development
By: Hajdusek, O; Sojka, D; Kopacek, P; Buresova, V; Franta, Z; Sauman, I; Winzerling, J; Grubhoffer, L
PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Volume: 106 Issue: 4 Pages: 1033-1038 Published: JAN 27 2009
- Mutations in the NS2B and NS3 genes affect mouse neuroinvasiveness of a Western European field strain of tick-borne encephalitis virus
By: Ruzek, D; Gritsun, TS.; Forrester, NL.; Gould, EA; Kopecky, J; Golovchenko, M; Rudenko, N; Grubhoffer, L
VIROLOGY Volume: 374 Issue: 2 Pages: 249-255 Published: MAY 10 2008
- The tick plasma lectin, Dorin M, is a fibrinogen-related molecule
By: Rego, ROM; Kovar, V; Kopacek, P; Weise, C; Man, P; Sauman, I; Grubhoffer, L
INSECT BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY Volume: 36 Issue: 4 Pages: 291-299 Published: APR 2006
- Differential expression of Ixodes ricinus tick genes induced by blood feeding or Borrelia burgdorferi infection
By: Rudenko, N; Golovchenko, M; Edwards, MJ; Grubhoffer, L
JOURNAL OF MEDICAL ENTOMOLOGY Volume: 42 Issue: 1 Pages: 36-41 Published: JAN 2005
Web pages: www.paru.cas.cz/en/staff/Libor-Grubhoffer-r24r/
No events are planned